K-1 Map Skills
Lesson plans are now digital and available on-line. Most activities have been re-envisioned in digital format and can be accessed without the physical kit. Some activities are only available with the kit.
Kindergarten Teacher Lesson Plans – Click here
After using this kit, please complete a Teacher Evaluation Form .
First Grade Teacher Lesson Plans – Click here
After using this kit, please complete a Teacher Evaluation Form.
K-1 Map Skills focuses on the importance of maps and how to use them.
- Read books about maps and map skills
- Learn to use a compass and play games using cardinal directions
- Draw maps of familiar locations
- Use state park maps to learn about map legends and symbols
- Analyze aerial photographs and compare them to maps of the same location