1948 (10 East Main Street)
The Wimmer Building was built by Leighton Gearheart in 1948 to house three retail shops and 28 offices. Over the years it has been home to many different businesses. Perdue’s Hardware operated here from 1949-1955, then Jackson’s Hardware until 1960. Other businesses included the R.L. Wohlford Company shoe store (1949-1954), replaced by the Stanley Shoe Co. until 1967, Epperly’s Dress and Beauty Shop (1948), V & O Beauty Shop (1953-1955), and Shelburne Real Estate and Insurance (1948-1963).