c. 1855 (South Franklin Street)
Reverend Charles A. Miller built this home between 1855 and 1856. It is probably most famous for being one of the residences where folk artist Lewis Miller, Charles Miller’s uncle, stayed during his visits to Christiansburg. The twenty-room house was modified slightly in the early-twentieth century to reflect a more neo-Colonial appearance, and in 1950 was converted into apartments. The two-story columned porch is original to the mid-nineteenth century.
Lewis Miller’s drawing of his nephew Charles’s new house, 1856.
(photo courtesy of Bob Poff)