The Education to Go! program was developed by the Montgomery Museum of Art and History to serve students in Montgomery County Public Schools. It consists of a series of educational kits that include lesson plans (correlated to SOLs) and all materials needed to complete the lessons, which may include artifacts, maps, photographs, worksheets, games and more!
NEW – Digital lesson plans are being developed and will soon be available on the page for each kit. Most activities have been re-envisioned in digital format and can be accessed without the physical kit. Some activities are only available with the kit.
- K-2 Past and Present – Digital lesson plans now available
- K-1 Map Skills Digital lesson plans now available
- 4-5 Montgomery County During the Industrial Revolution (Digital lesson plans under development)
- 4-5 Map Skills – (Digital lesson plans under development)
- 4-5 Montgomery County Past and Present – (Digital lesson plans under development)
To check out one of our kits, complete the reservation form here, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The original Traveling Trunk was created by James Page, Ph.D., who has worked for 36 years to collect the artifacts presented in this traveling exhibit.
Practice your sleuthing skills to determine what the objects in this kit were used for during the Colonial Period. We warn you – your eyes, nose, and brain will all be engaged.
This kit is appropriate for everyone age 8 and up and can be adapted for use with ages 3 to 8. Contact us to learn more about using the kit with your group.