To reserve the kit for classroom use, complete the reservation form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesson plans are now digital and available on-line through the museum website. Most activities have been re-envisioned in digital format and can be accessed without the physical kit. Some activities are only available with the kit.
Click for digital lesson plans – Teacher Lesson Plans
The K-2 Past and Present kit focuses on the concepts of past and present.
- identify artifacts and their uses
- investigate artifacts and decide whether they were used in the past or the present
- sort images into the categories “past” and “present”
- play a matching game in which they match past and present items with the same purpose
- sequence photographs of types of communication and transportation
- discuss occupations from the past and how they are similar and different in the present
- read books about communication, transportation, schools and technology then and now
The chest contains all materials needed to complete the lessons including: lesson plans, artifacts, books, worksheets, photographs and more.