4-5 Map Skills
Lesson plans are now digital and available on-line. Most activities have been re-envisioned in digital format and can be accessed without the physical kit. Some activities are only available with the kit.
Click for digital lesson plans: Teacher Lesson Plans
After using this kit, please complete a Teacher Evaluation Form.
4-5 Map Skills focuses on using historic maps to learn about maps and the local community.
- Identify parts of a map
- Identify the purpose of a map
- Compare and contrast two local maps
- Sequence a series of maps
- Analyze the 1940 school census map
- Read Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
- Use state park maps to learn about map symbols