The Montgomery Museum of Art and History is trying something brand new – offering mental health self-help tactics and strategies by using art exhibits, materials, and spaces as helpful tools. This four-part interactive series entitled, “The Art of Happiness,” will focus on aspects of positive psychology and the role that art can play in our general happiness and well-being. The museum will remain open late on these dates to allow participants the opportunity to see all museum exhibits and spaces. Space is limited so early registration is encouraged.
These seminars will be held on the third Thursday of the month, from December to March, 6pm – 7:30 pm. The museum will remain open late on these dates to allow participants the opportunity to see all museum exhibits and spaces. Seating is limited so early registration is encouraged (see below).
Please note these will be held in the lower level of the museum which is not ADA accessible: 4 East Main St ~ Christiansburg
- For adults 18 and older only
- All materials will be provided by the museum
- No art experience is needed – come willing to try new things
- This is not an outpatient group therapy session – this is free community building/experiential self-help
- Art Therapy cannot be practiced without a Registered/Licensed Art Therapist within a therapy session
- At-Home artwork for use as coping skills and relaxation is called Therapeutic Art
Registered Art Therapist
Licensed Professional Counselor