Museum Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 10:30-4:30. Closed for holidays and extremely bad weather.
Closed Dec. 24, 25, 26, 31 and Jan. 1
Wishing a special Holiday Season to all.
The Montgomery Museum is a nonprofit organization chartered in 1983 for the purpose of collecting, preserving and interpreting the history of Montgomery County, Virginia and the region. Additionally, the museum and art center promotes and understanding of the role of art and artists in the region primarily through the exhibition of work of regional artists. The museum's library is an archive of books, documents, and genealogical information, and photographs useful to researchers.A collection of documents represents the development of Montgomery County.
Major Capitol Campaign Contributors
- The Marietta McNeill Morgan and Samuel Tate Morgan, Jr. Foundation
- Christiansburg Kiwanis Club
- Don Alcorn
- Moog Components Group
- Annette David
- Jean Poff Galloway
- Felicia Proctor
- Margot and Joe Thompson
- Shelor Motor Mile
- Thurston Knapp
- Nancy Nixon
- Joel S. Williams Financials
- Vanessa and Gene Gourley
- First Bank & Trust
- James Earp
- Richard Horne
- Robert Miller
- Henry & Doris Nixon
- Mary North
- Jim Page
- Professional Communications System/ Susan Henderson
- The Encourager Group
- Chan Enterprises/Charlotte Chan
- Tony Distler
- Jerome and Peggy Long
- Dr. and Mrs. George Smith
- Kay Dunlap
- Ernie Wade
- Robert & Ester Young
- Dave Cunningham
- Park Real Estate
- A Major Exhibition, "Great Road to Turnpike: Early Roads of Montgomery County", will open to the public on May 2015 - Jan. 2016
- May-June Artist Susan Lockwood in the Gallery. Reception May 5 5-7:00 *
- May 12 Chamber of Commerce Ribbon Cutting. 4:00
- May 28 Scott Crawford- Art Talk *
- June 12 Musical Traditions at Montgomery Museum Kickoff with a joint concert at Christiansburg Library featuring "Wound Tight"
- June 13 Mountains of Music Homecoming *
- August 22 Heritage Day
*See Events Menu for more details.
Heritage Day, August 22, 2015 – Planning
Many thanks to all those who helped make Heritage Day 2014 a success. We hope you will "Lend a Hand" again in 2015. WE are encouraging the community to come help with planning. We will be meeting the third Wednesday of the month at 4:00 at the museum. We need your input.
A Heritage Day committee
Heritage Craftsmen and Demonstrators
Silent Auction Donations
An easy way to support the Museum
You can support the Montgomery Museum is by shopping with us on Amazon. When you make a purchase on Amazon using our search bar a small percentage of the final price will be donated to the museum at no extra cost to you. Please remember The Montgomery Museum the next time you purchase something on Amazon.