The Montgomery Museum is a nonprofit organization chartered in 1983 for the purpose of collecting, preserving and interpreting the history of Montgomery County, Virginia and the region. Additionally, the museum and art center promotes and understanding of the role of art and artists in the region primarily through the exhibition of work of regional artists. The museum's library is an archive of books, documents, and genealogical information, and photographs useful to researchers.A collection of documents represents the development of Montgomery County.
Major Capitol Campaign Contributors
- The Marietta McNeill Morgan and Samuel Tate Morgan, Jr. Foundation
- Christiansburg Kiwanis Club
- Don Alcorn
- Moog Components Group
- Annette David
- Jean Poff Galloway
- Felicia Proctor
- Margot and Joe Thompson
- Shelor Motor Mile
- Thurston Knapp
- Nancy Nixon
- Joel S. Williams Financials
- Vanessa and Gene Gourley
- First Bank & Trust
- James Earp
- Richard Horne
- Robert Miller
- Henry & Doris Nixon
- Mary North
- Jim Page
- Professional Communications System/ Susan Henderson
- The Encourager Group
- Chan Enterprises/Charlotte Chan
- Tony Distler
- Jerome and Peggy Long
- Dr. and Mrs. George Smith
- Kay Dunlap
- Ernie Wade
- Robert & Ester Young
- Dave Cunningham
- Park Real Estate
- A Major Exhibition now showing, A Pieced History: Quilts in Montgomery County"
- July-August "Quilt As Art" Exhibit the gallery
- August 19-23 Silent Auction
- August 23 Heritage Day: Silent Auction, TV Raffle, Chocolate Cook-Off ($100 prize)
- September-October Artist Lois Stephens showing in the gallery
- September 21 Old Pros Concert at Smithfield
- November-December Artist Christie Mackie showing in the gallery
Heritage Day is August 23, 2014
We are now planning for our largest event of the year, HERITAGE DAY.
You can help make this our most successful event ever.
• Be a sponsor and/or recruit a sponsor
• Donate items for the silent auction and/or solicit donations. Creative experiences are also desirable (i.e. weekends, lake trips, excursions, catered meals, etc.)
• Suggest new exhibitors for the festival. Heritage themed exhibitors and artists are especially welcomed. We want to increase the number of exhibitors this year. Please contact us for more information.
• Be a volunteer. Workers are badly needed.
• Call Sue Farrar at 382-5644
An easy way to support the Museum
You can support the Montgomery Museum is by shopping with us on Amazon. When you make a purchase on Amazon using our search bar a small percentage of the final price will be donated to the museum at no extra cost to you. Please remember The Montgomery Museum the next time you purchase something on Amazon.