The Montgomery Museum is a nonprofit organization chartered in 1983 for the purpose of collecting, preserving and interpreting the history of Montgomery County, Virginia and the region. Additionally, the museum and art center promotes and understanding of the role of art and artists in the region primarily through the exhibition of work of regional artists. The museum's library is an archive of books, documents, and genealogical information, and photographs useful to researchers.A collection of documents represents the development of Montgomery County.
Major Capitol Campaign Contributors
- The Marietta McNeill Morgan and Samuel Tate Morgan, Jr. Foundation
- Christiansburg Kiwanis Club
- Don Alcorn
- Moog Components Group
- Annette David
- Jean Poff Galloway
- Felicia Proctor
- Margot and Joe Thompson
- Shelor Motor Mile
- Thurston Knapp
- Nancy Nixon
- Joel S. Williams Financials
- Vanessa and Gene Gourley
- First Bank & Trust
- James Earp
- Richard Horne
- Robert Miller
- Henry & Doris Nixon
- Mary North
- Jim Page
- Professional Communications System/ Susan Henderson
- The Encourager Group
- Chan Enterprises/Charlotte Chan
- Tony Distler
- Jerome and Peggy Long
- Dr. and Mrs. George Smith
- Kay Dunlap
- Ernie Wade
- Robert & Ester Young
- Dave Cunningham
- Park Real Estate
- Major Exhibition "Lewis Miller's New River Valley"
- May-June Artist Ruth Lefko showing in the gallery
- May 1 Opening reception for Ruth Lefko, artist
- July-August Quilt Exhibit in the gallery
- August 23 Heritage Day
- September-October Artist Lois Stephens showing in the gallery
- November-December Artist Christie Mackie showing in the gallery
Heritage Day is August 23, 2014
We are now planning for our largest event of the year, HERITAGE DAY.
You can help make this our most successful event ever.
• Serve on the planning committee. The next meeting is March 26th at 4:00 at the museum.
• Be a sponsor and/or recruit a sponsor
• Donate items for the silent auction and/or solicit donations. Creative experiences are also desirable (i.e. weekends, lake trips, excursions, catered meals, etc.)
• Nice large items needed for the LIVE auction (new this year)
• Suggest new exhibitors for the festival. Heritage themed exhibitors and artists are especially welcomed. We want to increase the number of exhibitors this year. Please contact us for more information.
• Be a volunteer. Workers are badly needed.
• Call Sue Farrar at 382-5644